September 18, 2020
You can find this week’s pre-recorded worship service on Youtube by clicking here.
After being freed from slavery in Egypt, the Israelites wandered through the wilderness for 40 years, long enough for a new generation to rise up and step into the promised land of freedom and new life. But first they had to wander. See this week’s story from Exodus here.
I find these to be wilderness days. I don’t have to write here the litany of events that is causing that sentiment to course through my veins. And yet, I find these to be promising times as well, as if in my bones I know that for new life to come, the old must pass away, and the in-between time is always wilderness. Analysts in the 80’s called it “Paradigm Shift.” Remember that phrase?
Let’s enter the shift with eyes wide open, with hearts ready to receive, with feet moving faithfully one step at a time through the wilderness toward new life, together.
Please see the announcements below, and have a blessed weekend,
- Children’s Ministry: Click here for the September 20, 2020 lesson
- The Front Pew: Fall 2020 Front Pew
- Safeway gift cards: will be available for purchase on Tuesday, September 22nd from 7:00 to 8:00 p.m. at Church.
- Yoga classes: we are looking forward to resuming yoga classes this fall and are currently looking for a new yoga instructor. Please contact the office at 780.430.7275 if you are interested in registering.
- Re-opening & rentals: Please click here for a brief message from our Board Chair on the Church’s re-opening plans _______ and here for detailed information about our Fall building use update
- Fall financial status: Fall Finance update