Welcome! We are a vibrant, open and inclusive United Church faith community in south west Edmonton, Alberta and we welcome you no matter what. We worship at 10:30 a.m. on Sunday mornings and offer children and youth programming. We are an Affirming Congregation of the United Church of Canada and everyone is welcome.
This Sunday, February 23, we join Jesus on the mountain top in what our tradition calls the Transfiguration. He becomes radiant, and Peter wants to put up a tent so they can stay there. I love Peter. Wouldn’t you, like him, want to stay there on the mountain top with Jesus shining in all glory? Of course, we aren’t meant to stay on the mountain top. We are to live our faith in the valleys of the world, in the mundane of our lives, in a way that reveals love in everything.
We’ll explore this on Sunday in light of news that presses in from anxiety in the global system. We also get to baptize a precious child of God, Ugonwa Udeh. Then after worship you’re invited to remain for cake and coffee to welcome our new Children’s Coordinator, Krystal Manuel.
See you Sunday, the last Sunday in Epiphany,
- To mark the beginning of Lent, we will share in a pancake supper on Tuesday, February 25th at 6:00, followed by a service of Ashes at 7:00 the same evening. Our Lenten theme this year is “Steps to the Cross.” Please see the Front Pew Newsletter or the Sunday bulletin insert for opportunities to make this Lent a meaningful spiritual journey.
- Please click here for the spring edition of The Front Pew: 2020 Editions
- This Week’s Announcements: February 2020 announcements
- The next Annual General Meeting of Riverbend United Church is scheduled for Sunday, March 1st, immediately following the 10:30 a.m. worship service. The 2019 Annual Report is available here Annual Report (2019) and the 2019 Financial Statements and 2020 budget will be available at the meeting.
- Pre-printed envelopes for your 2020 donations have arrived and are available on the round table in the Narthex.