– establish a permanent Board Committee (Affirming Committee)
– establish a line in the ongoing RUC budget for Affirming activities
– design a “tab” on the existing RUC website titled Affirming Activities
-install a rainbow decal on the church sign
– arrange for a permanent Sanctuary Banner with the rainbow symbol
-Spiritual Formation Committee to include a member of the Affirming Committee in order to keep Affirming issues at the forefront of Worship, Children’s Ministry and Adult Education programming.
– arrange a workshop with Pride Centre around appropriate use of language.
– continued attendance at meetings with a collective of Edmonton Churches exploring the possibility of sponsoring “Rainbow Refugees”
Physical Disability Issues
-continue to endorse the purchase and installation of the TLoop Hearing in the Sanctuary
– install a Hearing Aid symbol decal on the church sign to indicate the installation of the T-Loop Hearing system
– continue to investigate and endorse a lift system for the choir loft
– investigate and endorse removal of 1/2 a Pew for wheelchair parking in the Sanctuary
Mental Health Issues
– continued support of Community Groups/Rentals utilizing Church spaces (i.e.) E2 Academy, Tourette’s Support Group
– consider this year’s RUC Movie Series around Issues of Mental Health
– arrange for the congregation to participate in The Blanket Exercise.
– consider a permanent land acknowledgment to be displayed somewhere visible in or around the church
Social Justice Issues
-continued support of the RUC Refugee Committee
– continued involvement with the Brander Gardens Rocks group (a grass roots organization providing programming and education opportunities for a neighbourhood subsidized housing community)