What should I do if I think I have the COVID-19 virus? Alberta Health Services (AHS) has developed a simple online screening tool (ahs.ca/covid) to help you decide whether you need to call 811 to be tested for COVID-19. It will guide you to answer questions about your symptoms and instruct you on the next steps.
If you have symptoms, stay home, complete the self-assessment, and follow the instructions it provides. If you have symptoms and are unable to complete the online screening tool, call Health Link 811 to speak to a nurse. Do not go to an emergency room, family doctor or walk-in clinic if you have symptoms. If you are experiencing a medical emergency, dial 911 for immediate medical attention.
Other assistance is available through various levels of government & organizations. This includes:
- One-time emergency assistance from the Government of Alberta: https://www.alberta.ca/covid-19-supports-for-albertans.aspx
- Federal assistance for individuals, families & others facing unique challenges due to COVID-19 https://www.canada.ca/en/department-finance/economic-response-plan.html
- University of Alberta medical students have recently launched a volunteer initiative to assist seniors and vulnerable populations in the Edmonton community with groceries. Their services include grocery-runs, pick-ups for online orders and delivery. Their contact-less service is available by completing the form at https://forms.gle/F5u4v1WNYh3vwoRv8 or emailing them at: email@example.com
- Free grocery delivery service for seniors and those with mobility challenges is being offered by Men in Kilts, a local window cleaning and home service company. Call them at 1.800.777.5458 if you need assistance.
- An 8-week online fitness program for seniors has been developed by the Westend Seniors Activity Centre in Edmonton. The fitness program has been created specifically so seniors can do the exercises in their homes with very little equipment. Please check out: https://www.weseniors.ca/resources/8-week-fitness-program-for-seniors/
COVID-19 help offered or needed
If you require help or if you can help someone else, please complete the information below and hit “Submit”, it will sent automatically to the Church.If you prefer you can call the Church office at 780.430.7275 to request or offer help.